Sunday, October 28, 2012

Keloid Scar Removal Surgery

Hey guys,
So the last time I was on here, I told you all that I had an appointment with the Plastics Surgery Department. The Doctor took a look at my keloid, and I explained to her that I was being seen for the same keloids since 2010 and getting treated with steroid injections with no progress or results. She suggested that we try a different form of treatment, that is surgery. So, a week later I was booked to see her again for the removal of my scar.

I have to admit, I was super nervous. I've read about how other people have their scars removed and it comes back bigger. I don't really know what is going to happen, but I can only wait and see. The keloid was removed Friday morning, and it is now Sunday night. I am still recovering and the bandage has not yet been removed. I haven't seen what my chest looks like.


I'll be sure to keep you updated once the bandages are removed.

I'll be going back in one week to have my stitches removed (and to get a steroid injection so that my scar will not grow back). Then I'll go back again for a check up.

Anyway, here is a picture of my scar the morning before it was removed. Hopefully, the next picture will be of my keloid free chest (and bad ass surgery scar)!

3 comments:

  1. The keloids symptoms include raised tissue that is generally accompanied by tough itching, sharp, needle-like pains, and changes in texture, although the degree of all these depends upon the individual and the harshness of the keloids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes, the medicines don't work to remove scars from your body then you just need scar removal surgery which gives you the best results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also in my chest..I try injection..and cream..nothing it's the same..nothing change..just only giving me more itching..much.. I take this keylods when I was a small kids..like 9.10 yrs old ..my dad make it becouse he smoking person..

    ReplyDelete