Saturday, February 9, 2019

Cordran Tape Tips

Hello!

My doctor prescribed cordran tape to maintain my scars from  getting too out of hand, and it really helps to keep my scars from getting bulky! I’ve noticed that when I use the tape, it slows the growth process of my scars and usually also helps with the itching.

However, the tape needs to be cut exactly like the shape of my scars—so everyday I would have to customize my tape by cutting it exactly to size! However, since my doctor recently asked me to use the tape everyday, replacing it every 12 hours—I found some short cups to make this process less annoying,

I can’t belive I didn’t think of this sooner! What I’m doing nowadays is pre-cutting my tape. I use a stencil so the tape is the same shape as my scars. Because they are pre-cut, I’m more likely to keep up with using the tape everyday instead of having to cut it to shape everyday. I pre-cut about 2 weeks worth of the Cortran tape.

Anyway. Cutting the tape was really the most annoying part—it would leave little bits of paper everywhere and stick to my scissors and pre-cutting it makes everyday a little easier. Hope this helps anyone who’s also having to use cordran tape

4 comments:

  1. thanks for posting your updates! I also have a keloid scar on my chest for the last 18 years and have had a couple of treatments. I've always felt alone and was feeling kind of depressed but this blog is giving me some hope! I'm also from the SF Bay Area and have seen many doctors for consultations, including one in NY and LA. I'm thinking of getting treated by a doctor in LA, but before i make my decision, would you recommend yours? If so, could you give me the doctor's name so i could schedule a consulation? you could email me privately also. thanks!

    melaniet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updating! I’ve had keloid scars for years. And some on my chest as well. I haven’t seen a dermatologist yet but am looking for one in Los Angeles area. Just like another commenter, If it’s okay, would you recommend your doctor? I would like to also know who your doctor is. My email is kharismaee@gmail.com ! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have keloid scars on my neck as well and i feel the depression as well..cos anywhere i go..people just stare..and its just sad cos i got them very recently..and im still not used to the feeling

    ReplyDelete

  4. Dr Jyoti’s Skin & Laser clinic is dedicated to provide the most advanced solutions in skin care and cosmetic treatments. Founder Dr. Jyoti is well-known and reputed as an expert in innovative skin care and treatment, and her dedication to ongoing research and best practices has solidified her reputation as a superbly skilled skin care professional.
    best skin clinic in patna
    best skin doctor in patna
    top skin clinic in patna
    top skin doctor in patna
    anti aging treatment in patna
    best pimple doctor in patna
    anti acne treatment in patna
    best website development company in patna
    best software development company in patna
    best web designing company in patna
    top web development company in patna

    ReplyDelete